In 23 short days I will be headed to Dallas, TX for the Declare Conference. 23, holy cow. I have recently taken a break from writing to prepare my blog and heart for this leap of faith…and to get it together, honestly. Life has thrown me for a few loops lately (loops that I did not handle with complete grace). Praise God for His amazing grace. Can I get an Amen?!
As I plan to load up my Honda, head to Dallas and open up my heart, I’m also linking up with fellow Declare goers to answer some fun questions and get to know each other…as if we haven’t already cyber-stalked each others’ blogs 😉
1. If we were meeting in person, how would you introduce yourself? (job, family, career, ministry, where you live … share whatever details come to mind)
I’m a small town, 23 year old gal who survives on coffee, puppy snuggles, and grace. I have a Mathematics degree from the University of Texas at Austin and currently work in the Victims’ Assistance Center for Jefferson County. I LOVE my job!
I’ve always been a church goer, but not always a Jesus follower. My faith is fresh and flawed, but my Jesus is so constant and gracious.
My heart finds happiness in breakfast food, running, all things outdoors, and singing loudly (and not on key).
If we met in person I’d most likely show off my puppy, too:
2. What is your favorite thing to write and why?
Blog posts straight from the heart.
I don’t schedule my blogs or post a certain number per month, I write when something tugs at my heart. I write when it flows. Most importantly, I write to encourage and to remind others and myself that no one has it all together, but it we all have a big, gracious God who loves us just how we are!
3. What is your favorite thing to read and why? (If this question is too broad for you avid readers, what’s a favorite book or blog you’ve read lately?)
Harry Potter, for fun.
Devotionals, for my faith.
4. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
ADVENTURE! I’d pack up a backpack and hit the trails, soaking in the sights with a coffee in hand and my cell phone no where to be found…and of course with my dog, Molly.
Ahhhh, that sounds so nice.
5. What’s one thing you love about your blog and one thing you’d like to improve?
I love that it’s real. I’m not here to convince anyone that I’m a perfect Christian or that I have it all together. I’m here to be real about my ups and downs as a single, Christian, 20-something.
I’d like to improve on my content. When I’m digging in the Word, faithfully tithing, and daily seeking Jesus in prayer, my posts flow. However when life gets the best of me and I scramble to find time to stop and pray, much less read the Word, my posts are lacking and dry.
6. [Lightening Round] Would you rather …
- Read on Kindle or paperback?
Paperback all the way.
- Drink coffee or tea?
Coffee, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Go to a musical or a movie?
Musical, I love Wicked! However, I can’t turn down a good movie and some popcorn.
- Vacation at the beach or the mountains?
Mountains, please. Can we go tomorrow?
- Have an exciting night out or a relaxing night in?
Relaxing night in, although my closest friends and family may beg to differ…
I’m the loud one of the bunch.
- Watch sports, play sports, or no sports?
Playing and watching!
I really enjoy afternoons spent watching football and grilling with friends and family.
This is a huge leap of faith for me, so any and all conference and blogging advice is welcome!
My blog and faith are both new works-in-progress, so I am looking forward to the community and support of Declare.
See y’all soon, gals!